Office of the Ombudsman
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of the public and our staff during this challenging time. Therefore in line with the most recent SOE order issued by Government on Monday 19 April 2022, our Office will be open from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
We will have a limited number of staff in Office to respond to walk-ins and appointments. Most of our staff however will be working from home. If you would like to email a specific staff member please consult staff contact details found here
For Complaints: Call 25394 / 23317, 7740449 (for Good Governance), 7221500 (for Special Investigations), 7257122 (for Human Rights); Email email@example.com; use our online complaints form; OR Direct message us on our Facebook page.
For deliveries and general queries: contact 25394 / 23317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Also note that all our in person outreach and awareness work have been put on hold. However, we will be using our online channels and platforms for all our latest news and updates. Check them out here: Facebook Page, Twitter, YouTube Channel and Website
Media queries: email@example.com
Samoa Government COVID-19
- Samoa Government Novel Coronavirus webpage which provides all recent updates on government COVID-19 related measures
- Government of Samoa Official Facebook Page which provides regular updates on State of Emergency measures and other important COVID-19 related information
Ministry of Health Information
- Information on COVID-19 measures
- Ministry of Health Facebook Page which provides regular health advice and updates for members of the public
Human Rights Guidance and Information
The Office will issue from time to time briefings and guides, fact sheets and statements on specific issues and matters and as they arise relating to COVID-19 and human rights. The purpose of these briefings and guides are to:
- inform and aid public understanding on human rights and how they can be impacted; and
- provide an overview guidance for policy makers, parliamentarians and the private sector of applying a human rights lens and considerations to responses and measures relating to COVID-19.
COVID-19 & human rights in Samoa: A Human Rights Lens to COVID-19 Responses GUIDE English | Samoan
Human rights-based approach to managing the COVID-19 pandemic in Samoa English | Samoan | Infographic English
COVID-19 and right to information English | Samoan
COVID-19 vaccine mandates and proof of vaccine cards English | Samoan
Office of the UN High Commissionaer for Human Rights (OHCHR)
The UN OHCHR has put together Guidance Notes to help guide States and governments ensure their COVID-19 emergency measures continue to safeguard rights and freedoms of its citizens.